Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Salmon/ Challis Hot Springs




So our friends invited us to go to the Salmon/Challis hot springs last weekend and it sounded like a great idea. These hotsprings are in a canyon that overlook a beautiful valley and are natural... no man-made pools but a river that comes out of the mountain and you sit in these little river pools on the gravel. There are different ones as you go down the river that vary in temperature (they get hotter the higher up the river you go). I had never been to this kind of thing and thought it would be fun and a reasonable activity because our friends had "remembered" that it was only a 15 min walk into the pools.
So I think I was misinformed about this whole trip because we ended up driving 3 hours to the trailhead and hiking uphill for 2 miles. Normally this would have been fine and good exercise but NOT when you're 7 months pregnant. I couldn't believe what a whimp I felt like... this is what I get for not exercising regularly when pregnant and was a good lesson. It took probably and hour and a half before we got there and when we did get there it was dark. So no good pictures :( Definitely pretty though and relaxing once in the pools and the hike back was nice cause it was mostly downhill, perfect temperature and the moon lit up the mountains so they were absolutely gorgeous. Seth and I turned off our flashlights a couple times just to look at the stars and how pretty it was out there. So although in pain for the next couple days, it was actually a pretty romantic and fun date.

5 comments:

Hardy's said...

Hey Audrey,
I had no idea you were prego! That is so exciting! Hope you are doing well.
Shay

Joel and Claire said...

I am so excited about this blog!

Seth and Audrey said...

Good, I didn't think anyone was going to read it

B and T Tanner said...

Audrey! Your on the blog wagon! I'm so excited!! I love to read everyones updates. I'll have to add you to my blogger friends. It is such a great way to keep in touch! I have heard of these hot springs before. I so wanted to go while we lived there, but as you know Brandon isn't much of a hiker! lol. Maybe I can go some other time when we are visiting. You are some kinda good for doing that hike being 7 months prego! What were you thinking? You could have put yourself into LABOR! I'm glad you didn't, and that you had fun!
---What is up with Seth's facial hair??? I love ya! So glad your a blogger now!!!!

mini-wheats said...

You look great Audrey! Bet you can't wait for December!!!